using Physical interaction zone without depth stream inititalizing(ver 1.7)

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Edited Mar 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM
hi everybody
is it possible right now? if not ,will be added?
when i try to use interaction stream without depth stream it not raised any interaction frames
(sorry for grammar mistakes)
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Hi,
I suppose you are talking about interaction gallery and controls. 
Interaction stream using Depth stream. So, it is a must that interaction stream needs depth stream initialization.

Can you explain why do you not want to initialize depth stream? I am interested in knowing more about your use case.
Apr 1, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Edited Apr 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM
ashokj wrote:
Hi,
I suppose you are talking about interaction gallery and controls.
Interaction stream using Depth stream. So, it is a must that interaction stream needs depth stream initialization.

Can you explain why do you not want to initialize depth stream? I am interested in knowing more about your use case.
thanx for reply .yes it is about interaction gallery and controls.I think that my case pretty unusual. I don't need grisp\press\scroll events,all i need is information like handOver\handLeave some uieleement. In such case depth stream initialization is unnecessary ,right?
And as i read in human interface guidlines v 1.5 that implementation of physical interaction zone(phiz) is quiet complex,that's why the question is like can we get phiz out of box without depth stream init))
i maked my simple implementation like follow
 //all params in meters,it's set up size and offset from hipCenter,
 //height of phiz based on distination from hipcenter to shoulder center
 //in skeleton space it like flat rectangle
 var pizInfo=new PIZInfo(hipOffsetX,hipOffsetY,Width,someAddingToHeight);

//usage
//update every frame for player skeleton
pizInfo.update(userSkeleton);
//every frame update pizinfo mapped to depthspace
var rect=pizinfo.getRectangleInDepthSpace(coordinateMapper);

// and then get hand in depth space and map hand position relate to pizInDepthSpace local coordinate system